Narrow Your Results
Filter Your Results
Expeditions InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting scientific and collecting expeditions either affiliated with the Smithsonian, or with which Smithsonian researchers participated. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by geographic regions predominantly represented in expedition records.
Smithsonian Secretaries InformationClose Browse records and papers of the Smithsonian Secretaries, from 1846 until today. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by individuals who have held that office.
- All (2334)
- Joseph Henry (844)
- Sidney Dillon Ripley (393)
- Alexander Wetmore (362)
- Spencer Fullerton Baird (322)
- Charles D Walcott (209)
- S. P Langley (188)
- C. G Abbot (155)
- Leonard Carmichael (103)
- Robert McCormick Adams (102)
- Ira Michael Heyman (85)
- Lawrence M Small (48)
- G. Wayne Clough (18)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Smithsonian Museum & Research Centers InformationClose Browse records and papers documenting the history and research of major Smithsonian divisions. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by museum or research center.
- United States National Museum (2179)
- National Museum of Natural History (2032)
- National Museum of American History (1808)
- National Zoological Park (1100)
- National Air and Space Museum (872)
- Smithsonian American Art Museum (851)
- Smithsonian Institution Building (741)
- Freer Gallery of Art (570)
- Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory (427)
- Hirshhorn Museum and Sculpture Garden (425)
- National Portrait Gallery (395)
- Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum (310)
- Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute (295)
- National Museum of the American Indian (272)
- National Museum of African Art (164)
- Anacostia Neighborhood Museum (96)
- Smithsonian Environmental Research Center (72)
- National Postal Museum (50)
- All (20)
- National Museum of African American History and Culture (14)
- + Show More
- - Show Less
Smithsonian Records InformationClose Browse official records created at the Smithsonian Institution’s museums, research centers, libraries, and archives, now in the Smithsonian Institution Archives’ collections. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Oral Histories InformationClose Browse oral and video history collections containing interviews with current and retired Smithsonian staff, and others who have made significant contributions to the Institution. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics or disciplines.
Professional Societies InformationClose Browse records of professional societies closely associated with the Smithsonian, that focus on areas of scientific research and museum studies. Pre-set filters help narrow searches by major topics and disciplines.
Smithsonian Website Records, 1995
- Smithsonian Institution Office of the Secretary
- Smithsonian Website Records, 1995
- This accession consists of documentation, publicity information, and electronic files concerning the premiere of the Smithsonian Institution Website on May 8, 1995. Materials include a press kit with photocopies of certain portions of the Smithsonian Home Page and a 3 1/2" floppy disk (with Lotus, WordPerfect, Word, and ASCII files), an 8mm tape containing the Smithsonian Home Page, an 8mm tape containing the National Air and Space Museum Home Page, a 4mm tape containing the Office of Printing and Photographic Services Home Page, a 4mm tape containing the National Museum of American Art Home Page, a 4mm tape containing the National Museum of Natural History Home Page, and two oversize, color illustrated "Presentation Copies" of the Smithsonian Home Page, signed and dated by Secretary Ira Michael Heyman, presented to Congressmen and Senators present at the Home Page "unveiling."
- Museums--Administration, Web sites
- Heyman, Ira Michael 1930-2011, National Museum of American Art (U.S.), National Museum of Natural History (U.S.), Smithsonian Institution Administration, Smithsonian Institution Web sites, Smithsonian Institution Office of Printing and Photographic Services, National Air and Space Museum (U.S.)
- Manuscripts, Collection descriptions, Electronic records, Floppy disks, Digital images, Electronic images
- Local Number:
- SIA Acc. 98-094
- Physical Description:
- 0.5 cu. ft. (1 document box) (1 oversize folder)
- Full Record:
Using the Archives' Collections